Walter F. Warnock, Sr., was worshipful master of the lodge at the time the temple was built. He also served as Clerk of Circuit Court and editor/proprietor of the Chronicle. At one time, there was a movie theatre and City Hall on the 2nd floor as well as professional offices. Dr. TS Henley & Dr. Harrel Martin, Dentists, Dr. Claude Carter, Dr. Cranford & Dr. Gail Osterhout, Attorneys Mannie Scofield, George Scofield, Charles Fitzpatrick, and Donald Bradshaw. For many years, Hall’s Drugstore occupied the 1st floor.
In 1963, lightning struck the building causing fire damage. After restoration, it was decided a new building should be built, and in 1965, the Masons & Eastern Star moved to their new location at Zephyr Street & Hendrix Avenue, selling the 1910 Masonic Temple to a private company. Through a program created by the City of Inverness, a historic plaque was placed on the building on October 20, 2000. At the time, the Citrus County Commissioners were leasing the 3rd floor early in the 1990’s and occupied the building until 2003.
In 2006, Drywell Group, LLC purchase the Masonic building and renamed it the Masonic Business Center. They restored the exterior and interior building and in 2010 it was listed on the National Register of Historic Places.