Capture Your Teen's Attention This Summer with Junior Lifeguard Camp
The objective of the City of Inverness Junior Lifeguard Camp is to give young people (ages 11-14) the opportunity to experience the role of a Professional Lifeguard in a fun learning environment. Participants of the 5 day camp will learn the fundamentals of lifeguarding, gain basic knowledge of CPR and First Aid, and learn basic water rescue techniques. Contact us at 352-726-1995.
Junior Lifeguards can also expect to participate in fun and challenging leadership and team-building activities as well as physical fitness.
Can my child participate?
In order to participate in the course,children must possess some prerequisite skills, for safety:
- Candidates must be able to swim 25 yards (one length of the pool) using the front-crawl
- Candidates must be able to swim to a depth of 10 ft. and retrieve an object
- Candidates must be able to tread water for 1 minute in a depth of 10 ft.
What is the cost and how do I sign my child up?
Cost for the week-long course is $75. Camp is scheduled for:
- July 23 - 27th, 2018 Monday - Friday 9 AM - 2 PM
- Friday, July 27th parents are welcome to attend skill demonstration and awarding of certificates.