Located within walking distance of Withlacoochee Technical Institute, Bryant Park is a neighborhood park with playground equipment for children to enjoy. There are also picnic tables under the shade of trees for a cooler place to read a book or eat lunch.
Hours: Sunrise to sunset, seven days a week
1611 Tuttle Street
Inverness, FL 34452
Picnic tables, benches, playground equipment, and an open play area can be found here.
Because of its close proximity, Withlacoochee Technical Institute students often walk over to the park to take a lunch break.
What's In a Name
The park is named after Norvell Cullen Bryant, the original owner of the land the park is located on, which is part of the Inverness Heights subdivision. Bryant, of Hernando, was also a developer and Realtor responsible for the way much of the area looks today.
Bryant was active in the community, including president of the Hernando Civic Club, member of the Hernando Lions Club, director and president of the Citrus County Chamber of Commerce, Red Cross director, and a board member for the Withlacoochee Technical Institute.
For more than a decade, Bryant tried to convince county officials to extend County Road 486 from Hernando to Crystal River.
The roadway was eventually extended past Beverly Hills to Crystal River, and it now bears the name West Norvell Bryant Highway.